What go-parts.com does to be green:
- We use fuel-efficient cars & trucks to deliver all of our car parts.
- Inside the warehouse & the office, we've replaced all of our old lights with new CFL lights that use half as much energy.
- The packing material we use for our boxes are leftover byproducts from another business who has no use for them.
- We try to minimize the amount of paper we print and use, by storing & managing as much information as we can on computer software.
- We make sure to turn off all computers on weekends, and have them set up to automatically go to sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- The lights in the back of our warehouse have motion sensors, and automatically turn off when no one's around.
- Our thermostat is programmed on schedule not to run the heater or A/C when no one is at work.
- And more...
Going green is way easier than you think!
Here are some things you can do to be green:
- Recycle your catalogs, paper, cans, bottles, and even used equipment.
- Save energy & paper by using electronic forms and invoices. You’ll save energy by using your printer less and save the environment by reducing paper usage and waste.
- Schedule your thermostat not to run the heater or A/C when you're not at home or in your office.
- Turn off your electronics when you're not using them.
- Borrow things instead of buying them (for example, find books at the library).
- Slow down! (driving 10 mph above 60 is like adding nearly 50 cents to the price of a gallon of gas, since higher speed equals more guzzling)
Click here for tips on going green at your house
Click here for tips on going green at your business
Going green does not have to be expensive. Quite the contrary; going green
has helped us save a significant amount of money, and it can help you too.
What are you still waiting for? Get up and go green today! :)