How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Tailgate Handle Replacement
Fits years: 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- T30 Torx Driver
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's tailgate, if possible.
NOTE: If your vehicle has a bed liner, you will need to remove it from the tailgate before proceeding.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the T30 Torx screws (4) that secures the access panel to the tailgate.
Step 3: You can now lift and remove the access panel.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 10mm bolts (2) that secure the handle to the tailgate.
Step 5: You can now twist and slide the handle through the OUTSIDE of the tailgate.
Step 6: To mount the new handle, lift the locking mechanism and slide it into place.
Step 7: Tighten the 10mm bolts (2) to secure the handle to the tailgate.
NOTE: We recommend spraying some penetrating oil on the handle mechanisms, as they often seize over time.
Step 8: Reattach the access panel by tightening the T30 Torx screws.
87 1987, 88 1988, 89 1989, 90 1990, 91 1991, 92 1992, 93 1993, 94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996 Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Corner / Turn Signal Light Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2007 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1999-2004 Ford F-Series Pickup Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Headlight Replacement
- 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Tailgate Handle Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Front Parking Light Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150, F-250 Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement