How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1990-1996 Ford Ranger Ignition Key Cylinder Replacement
Fits years: 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Phillips screwdriver (small)
Step 1: Disconnect the battery's negative battery cable.
Step 2: With the key in the cylinder, turn the cylinder to the RUN position. Insert the Phillips screwdriver into the opening on the underside of the lock cylinder. You will feel a pin - depress this pin and pull the cylinder from the steering column.
Step 3: Insert the new key cylinder into the steering column.
NOTE: The retaining pin that we had to depress the remove the old cylinder should be on the UNDERSIDE of the cylinder when inserting the new one. This is what keeps the cylinder in place during use.
Step 4: Test the key cylinder to be sure that everything is secure.
Step 5: Reconnect the negative battery cable.
90 1990, 91 1991, 92 1992, 93 1993, 94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996 Ford Ranger Replacement Instructions
- 1993-1997 Ford Ranger Headlight Replacement
- 1995-1997 Ford Ranger AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2011 Ford Ranger Parking Light Replacement
- 2001-2009 Ford Ranger Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2008 Ford Ranger Tailgate Handle Replacement
- 1993-2011 Ford Ranger Tail Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Ford Ranger Corner Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Ford Ranger Rear Gate Handle
- 1993-2010 Ford Ranger Side Mirror Replacement
- 1990-1996 Ford Ranger Ignition Key Cylinder Replacement