How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1992-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
Fits years: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 15mm socket/ratchet
- T50 Torx bit/ratchet
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Using the 15mm socket/ratchet, loosen the serpentine belt tensioner bolt. Turn the bolt COUNTER CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the belt.
Step 3: You can now slide and remove the serpentine belt.
Step 4: Using the T50 Torx bit/ratchet, loosen and remove the belt tensioner (which is just below the tensioner pulley).
Step 5: You can now remove the belt tensioner from the vehicle.
Step 6: Mount the new belt tensioner. Be sure that the mounting tab on the vehicle feeds into the opening on the tensioner assembly. Tighten the T50 Torx bolt to secure the tensioner to the vehicle.
Step 7: Using the belt routing diagram provided near your radiator, move the belt into position.
Step 8: Tighten the 15mm tensioner bolt to increase the tension on the serpentine belt.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched!
92 1992, 93 1993, 94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996 Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Corner / Turn Signal Light Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2007 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1999-2004 Ford F-Series Pickup Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Headlight Replacement
- 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Tailgate Handle Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Front Parking Light Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150, F-250 Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement