How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Hood Support Strut Replacement
Fits years: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
NOTE: If we're replacing the hood struts, there's a strong likelihood that you'll need a long 2x4 or assistant to help hold the hood up during this installation. Also, we always recommend replacing the struts in PAIRS, as once one begins to fail, the other usually isn't far behind.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, disengage the retaining clip located at EACH END of the support strut.
Step 3: Once the clips are disengaged, you can remove the support strut from the vehicle.
Step 4: Before installing the new hood support struts, be sure that the retaining clips are in the DOWN position.
Step 5: "Snap" each end of the support strut into place.
NOTE: Remember that the "rod" end of the support strut attaches to the HOOD, while the "sleeve" end attaches to the VEHICLE.
Step 6: Repeat this process for the support strut on the other side.
93 1993, 94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997 Dodge Intrepid Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2001 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Fog Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid AC Heater Fan Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1995-1997 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side View Mirror Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement