How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Ignition Coil Replacement
Fits years: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Flathead screwdriver
- 10mm socket/ratchet with small extension
- 10mm wrench
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood. Using the 10mm wrench, disconnect the battery's negative battery cable.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, pry and release the air hose clamps (2) and remove the air intake hose from the vehicle.
Step 3: Locate the ignition coil on the PASSENGER'S side of the engine.
Step 4: Disconnect the ignition coil's wiring harness (1).
Step 5: Disconnect each sparkplug wire ONE BY ONE, and attach them to the new ignition coil.
This step ensures that you do not mix up the wires when attaching them to the new coil.
Step 6: Loosen and remove the 10mm mounting bolts (4) that secure the ignition coil to the engine.
Step 7: You can now remove the ignition coil from the vehicle.
Step 8: Mount the new ignition coil to the engine by tightening the 10mm mounting bolts (4).
NOTE: Be sure to mount the ignition coil with the harness connection facing YOU.
Step 9: Connect the wiring harness (1) to the new ignition coil.
93 1993, 94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997 Dodge Intrepid Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2001 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Fog Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid AC Heater Fan Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1995-1997 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side View Mirror Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement