How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 15mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 15mm wrench
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Disconnect the wiring harness (1) that attaches near the belt on the PASSENGER'S side of the vehicle. Behind this bolt is the belt tensioner bolt (1). DO NOT loosen this bolt yet.
Step 3: Using the 15mm wrench, loosen the 15mm bolt (1) located on the pulley located near the TOP of the assembly (just behind the radiator).
Step 4: Using the 15mm socket/ratchet with extension, loosen the 15mm tensioner bolt (1), releasing the tension on the belt. You can now remove the belt from the vehicle.
Step 5: Using the routing diagram posted near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual, route the belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 6: Once the belt is in place, you can tighten the 15mm tensioner bolt (1), securing its position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched.
Step 7: Tighten the 15mm bolt (1) on the UPPER pulley.
Step 8: Reconnect the wiring harness (1) near the tensioner bolt.
93 1993, 94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Replacement Instructions
- 1993-1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Turn Signal Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Corner Light Replacement
- 1999-2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Hood Strut Replacement