How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Pull back the trunk liner near the tail light, exposing the rear of the mounting area.
Step 3: Depress the tab on the back of the assembly to release the bulb mounting plate from the assembly.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 8mm bolts (3) that secure the tail light to the vehicle. You can now slide the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light assembly from Go-Parts, it likely includes new sockets and bulbs, as most of our assemblies do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not include the hardware, you can easily remove the bulb assembly from the back of the tail light, and attach it to the new one!
Step 5: Mount the NEW tail light assembly to the vehicle by tightening the 8mm bolts (3).
Step 6: "Snap" the bulb mounting plate into the back of the new tail light assembly.
Step 7: Reattach the trunk liner to cover the mounting area.
93 1993, 94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Headlight Replacement
- 1999-2004 Volkswagen Jetta Grille Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Front Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Headlight Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Side Mirror Replacement
- 1993-1998 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Side Mirror Replacement
- 1999-2005 Volkswagen Jetta Tail Light Replacement