How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1994-1997 Honda Accord Radiator Fan
Fits years: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
- Flathead Screwdriver
- Phillips Head Screwdriver
- 10mm socket/wrench with an extension
Step 1: Remove the 4 radiator mounting bolts.
The radiator mounting bolts are located at the top of the radiator, where it meets the front-end frame. Removing the radiator makes it much easier to reach the lower radiator fan mounting bolts.
Step 2: Remove the air-conditioner hose mount.
The air conditioner hose is mounted hear the left side of the radiator (when facing the vehicle's front-end.
Step 3: Disconnect the hose connecting the coolant reservoir to the radiator.
Step 4: Disconnect the upper radiator hose from the radiator.
Step 5: Unplug both of the electrical connections that power the cooling fan.
Use a flathead screwdriver to push the tab in, making for a smooth disconnection.
Step 6: Disconnect the two transmission lines found near the radiator hose.
This step creates a bit more room in which to work.
Step 7: Remove the air filter hose and casing to maximize space.
Step 8: Lift the radiator from its location.
With the radiator now removed, we can easily facilitate the fan replacement.
Step 9: Loosen the bolts holding the cooling fan in place and remove the malfunctioning fan.
Step 10: Install the new radiator cooling fan and tighten the retaining bolts into place.
NOTE: WHILE THE RADIATOR IS FREE OF THE VEHICLE, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU REPLACE THE HOSES, AS WELL. THEY ARE PRONE TO WEAR, AND IT WILL NEVER BE EASIER THAN IT IS RIGHT NOW!
Step 11: Carefully place the radiator in its original location.
Step 12: Reattach the hoses and electrical plugs.
Step 13: Reconnect the transmission lines.
Step 14: Bolt the radiator back into place to secure its position.
Step 15: Bolt the air conditioner line back into the radiator/framework.
Step 16: Reattach the air filter hose and casing.
NOTE: DOUBLE CHECK YOUR COOLANT AND TRANSMISSION FLUIDS, AS LEAKAGE MAY HAVE OCCURRED. OPEN THE BLEEDER VALVE AND LEAVE IT OPEN UNTIL FLUID IS COMING OUT!
94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997 Honda Accord Replacement Instructions
- 2003-2007 Honda Accord Side View Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2007 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1995 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Side Mirror Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Parking Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Radiator Fan
- 2005-2005 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Honda Accord Side Mirror Replacement