How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1994-1999 Cadillac DeVille Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm socket/ratchet
- 10mm socket/ratchet
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver
- 8mm wrench
Step 1: Disconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable using the 8mm wrench.
Step 2: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 3: Pry and remove the window control switch-panel. Disconnect the wiring harnesses attached to the underside of the panel.
Step 4: Pry and remove the interior courtesy light. Disconnect the wiring harness.
Step 5: Pry and remove the interior door handle's bezel. Disconnect the wiring harnesses (2) from the back of the bezel.
Step 6: Loosen and remove the Phillips screws (2) that hold the interior door handle in place.
One is located behind the interior door handle, while the other is located behind the courtesy light assembly.
Step 7: You can now lift and remove the interior door panel. Disconnect the speaker's wiring harness from the back of the panel.
Step 8: Peel back the water shield. BE SURE not to tear it!
You only need to peel the water shield back enough to expose the mirror's wiring harnesses.
Step 9: Disconnect the wiring harnesses (2) that attach to the side mirror.
Step 10: Loosen and remove the 10mm mounting bolts (3) that hold the side mirror to the vehicle.
NOTE: Be sure to hold onto the side mirror while removing these bolts, as you don't want to sweep broken glass from your garage floor or driveway!
Step 11: You can now remove the side mirror.
Step 12: Feed the wiring bundle through the opening in the door frame, and mount the new side mirror by tightening the 10mm mounting bolts (3).
Step 13: Connect the side mirror's wiring harnesses (2).
Step 14: Reattach the water shield.
Step 15: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to reconnect all wiring harnesses, tighten the Phillips screws, and reattach all trim panels!
94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999 Cadillac DeVille Replacement Instructions
- 1994-1999 Cadillac DeVille Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac Deville Corner Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac Deville Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1999 Cadillac Deville Radiator Cooling Fan Assembly Replacement
- 1996-1999 Cadillac DeVille AC Heater Air Temperature Control Replacement
- 1996-1999 Cadillac DeVille Ignition Coil Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1994-1999 Cadillac DeVille Side Mirror Replacement