How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1994-2001 Dodge Ram Tailgate Cable Replacement
Fits years: 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- T40 Torx Driver or socket/ratchet
Step 1: Open the vehicle's tailgate.
NOTE: Because we are replacing the tailgate cables, obviously our tailgate isn't staying up. If you are replacing BOTH cables, be sure to prop up the tailgate or have an assistant hold it while you are replacing them!
Step 2: Slide and remove the tailgate cable from its mounting stud on the vehicle.
Be sure to pull out the small tab while sliding the tailgate cable off of the mounting stud.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the T40 Torx bolt that secures the tailgate cable to the vehicle's tailgate.
Step 4: You can now remove the tailgate cable.
Step 5: Slide the tailgate cable over the mounting stud (on the vehicle).
Step 6: Tighten the T40 Torx bolt (1) to secure the tailgate cable to the tailgate.
94 1994, 95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001 Dodge Ram 3500 Replacement Instructions
- 1994-2001 Dodge Ram Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2008 Dodge Ram Side Mirror Replacement
- 2002-2007 Dodge Ram AC Heater Fan Blower Motor Replacement
- 2002-2005 Dodge Ram Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Headlight Replacement
- 2002-2008 Dodge Ram Pickup Rear Gate Handle Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Interior Door Handle Replacement
- 2002-2006 Dodge Ram Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-2002 Dodge Ram Side Mirror Replacement
- 1994-2001 Dodge Ram Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement