How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1995-2000 Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Vortec 5700 Engine Spark Plug Wire Replacement
Fits years: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 12mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Disengage the retaining clips (2) that secure the air box cover to the assembly.
Step 3: Disconnect the air box's wiring harnesses (2). Unplug the hose from the air intake hose (where the intake hose meets the engine).
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 12mm bolt (1) on TOP of the engine, which connects the air intake assembly to the engine. You can now remove the air intake hose assembly.
NOTE: The spark plug wires will usually vary in length. The longest wires reach across the engine (from the distributor cap) to the first two cylinders.
Step 5: Twist and pull the FIRST spark plug wire from the distributor cap. DO NOT pull them all from the distributor cap at the same time.
Step 6: Twist and pull the OTHER END of the spark plug wire from the spark plug/cylinder.
Step 7: Connect the spark plug wire at BOTH ends. Be sure that the boot is snugly connected to each side.
Step 8: Repeat this process for the remaining spark plug wires.
NOTE: Remember, only do them one at a time!
95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Tail Light Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe Side Mirror Replacement
- 1995-2000 Chevrolet Tahoe Engine Spark Plug Wire Replacement
- 1995-1999 Chevrolet, GMC Vortec 5700 Engine Spark Plug Replacement
- 2003-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe, Silverado, GMC Sierra Side Mirror Replacement
- 1995-2000 Chevrolet Tahoe, GMC Vortec 5700 Engine Spark Plug Wire Replacement