How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1995-2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire Ignition Coil Replacement
Fits years: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- 6mm socket/ratchet with extension
NOTE: We recommend changing ignition coils in pairs, as they will often fail within weeks of each other. If one is failing, it will never be easier than it is right now to replace the other!
Step 1: Lift the vehicle, and secure it, using the jack and stands.
NOTE: We will be removing the sparkplug wires during this installation, but we MUST BE CERTAIN that they are placed on the same plugs when we put everything back together! Be sure to number the wires in a way that ensures that they are reattached properly.
Step 2: Disconnect the sparkplug wires (4).
Step 3: Loosen and remove the 6mm mounting bolts (2) that secure the ignition coil to the vehicle.
Step 4: You can now remove the ignition coil from the vehicle.
Step 5: Mount the new ignition coil by tightening the 6mm bolts (2).
Use the mounting studs to ensure proper placement.
Step 6: Repeat the process for the other ignition coil.
Step 7: Reattach the sparkplug wires IN THE PROPER ORDER.
Step 8: Lower the vehicle.
95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier Replacement Instructions
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier AC Blower Motor Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Side Mirror Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier AC Cooling Fan Replacement
- 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Headlight Replacement
- 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Tail Light Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Exterior Door Handle Replacement
- 1995-1997 Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire Intake Hose Replacement
- 1995-2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire Ignition Coil Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Front Door Panel (Interior, Manual Windows) Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Rear Door Panel (Manual Windows) Replacement