How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1995-2004 Ford Ranger Ignition Switch Replacement
Fits years: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- T30 Torx Driver
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Disconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the 7mm bolts that line the underside of the lower dash trim panel.
Two of these bolts are located beneath the hood latch lever.
Step 3: Remove the lower dash trim panel.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 8mm bolts (6) that hold the metal plate exposed by removing the lower trim panel. Remove this plate.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 7mm bolt (1) that secures the ignition switch's wiring harness in place.
Step 6: Loosen and remove the T30 Torx screws (2) that hold the ignition switch in place.
Step 7: Mount the new ignition switch to the vehicle by tightening the T30 Torx screws (2).
NOTE: Be sure to adjust the sliders on the new ignition switch to match the position of those on the old switch!
Step 8: Tighten the 7mm bolt (1) that secures the wiring harness to the ignition switch.
Step 9: Reattach the metal plate by tightening the 8mm bolts (6).
Step 10: Reattach the lower dash trim panel by tightening the 7mm bolts (4).
Step 11: Reconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Ford Ranger Replacement Instructions
- 1993-1997 Ford Ranger Headlight Replacement
- 1995-1997 Ford Ranger AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 2001-2011 Ford Ranger Parking Light Replacement
- 2001-2009 Ford Ranger Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2008 Ford Ranger Tailgate Handle Replacement
- 1993-2011 Ford Ranger Tail Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Ford Ranger Corner Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Ford Ranger Rear Gate Handle
- 1993-2010 Ford Ranger Side Mirror Replacement
- 1990-1996 Ford Ranger Ignition Key Cylinder Replacement