How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Exterior Door Handle Replacement
Fits years: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Flathead screwdriver
- T30 Torx driver
- 1/8 inch drill bit & drill
- 2 small coarse thread screws
Step 1: Lower the window.
Step 2: By raising the door handle, you expose two rivets. Remove them using the 1/8 inch drill bit.
Step 3: Remove the three T30 screws near the locking mechanism on the side of the door.
Step 4: Remove the handle.
NOTE: Do not let the small lever that you disconnect from the door handle drop inside the door. If you do, you'll be looking up our "Interior Door Handle Removal" tutorial!
Step 5: Attach the rod to the new exterior door handle.
Step 6: Line up the door's locking mechanism and secure it into place by tightening the T30 screws into place.
Step 7: Using the coarse thread screws, screw the new door handle into place.
We recommend screws with flat heads, as they may obstruct your ability to reach under the door handle otherwise!
95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Replacement Instructions
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier AC Blower Motor Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Side Mirror Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier AC Cooling Fan Replacement
- 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Headlight Replacement
- 2003-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Tail Light Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Exterior Door Handle Replacement
- 1995-1997 Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire Intake Hose Replacement
- 1995-2002 Chevrolet Cavalier, Pontiac Sunfire Ignition Coil Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Front Door Panel (Interior, Manual Windows) Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet Cavalier Rear Door Panel (Manual Windows) Replacement