How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1995-2005 Ford Explorer AC Heater Blower Motor
Fits years: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 11mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Near the passenger's side, remove the small Servo motor by loosening and removing the 10mm bolts that hold it into place.
Step 3: Lift and remove the Servo motor from its position.
Step 4: Remove the airbox by disengaging the retaining clips and pulling it up and out from its position. Remove the air filter, as well.
NOTE: While you are performing this task, it's a good idea to purchase a new air filter, as you already have the components disengaged!
Step 5: You can pull the lower airbox from its location by popping it out from the rubber retaining grommets. You may need to use a flathead screwdriver for leverage.
Remove the rubber grommets from the airbox and put them back into their respective openings in the fender.
Step 6: Remove the 4 retaining bolts that hold the washer and radiator reservoirs in place.
They are 10mm and 11mm bolts.
Step 7: Gently lift the reservoirs up and slide them to the side as much as possible. This helps to give you more room to work!
Step 8: Disconnect the wiring harness that attaches to your blower motor.
Step 9: Remove the tube that attaches near the wiring harness.
Step 10: Remove the four 8mm retaining bolts that hold the blower motor in place.
Step 11: You can how remove the blower motor from the vehicle.
Step 12: Move your new blower motor into place and secure it by tightening the four 8mm retaining bolts.
Step 13: Reconnect the wiring harness and reattach the rubber tube.
Step 14: Reattach the wiper and radiator reservoirs by tightening the retaining bolts.
Step 15: Reattach the lower airbox and place your air filter inside of it.
Step 16: Reattach the upper airbox cover by re-engaging the retaining clips.
Step 17: Secure the Servo motor by tightening the retaining bolts.
95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000 Ford Explorer Blower Motor Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Corner Light Replacement
- 1995-2005 Ford Explorer AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Corner / Signal Light Replacement
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, Mazda Navajo Tailgate Strut Replacement
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer Hood Support Strut Replacement
- 1991-2005 Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer Power Window Regulator Replacement