How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1995-2005 Ford Explorer AC Heater Blower Motor
Fits years: 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 11mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Near the passenger's side, remove the small Servo motor by loosening and removing the 10mm bolts that hold it into place.
Step 3: Lift and remove the Servo motor from its position.
Step 4: Remove the airbox by disengaging the retaining clips and pulling it up and out from its position. Remove the air filter, as well.
NOTE: While you are performing this task, it's a good idea to purchase a new air filter, as you already have the components disengaged!
Step 5: You can pull the lower airbox from its location by popping it out from the rubber retaining grommets. You may need to use a flathead screwdriver for leverage.
Remove the rubber grommets from the airbox and put them back into their respective openings in the fender.
Step 6: Remove the 4 retaining bolts that hold the washer and radiator reservoirs in place.
They are 10mm and 11mm bolts.
Step 7: Gently lift the reservoirs up and slide them to the side as much as possible. This helps to give you more room to work!
Step 8: Disconnect the wiring harness that attaches to your blower motor.
Step 9: Remove the tube that attaches near the wiring harness.
Step 10: Remove the four 8mm retaining bolts that hold the blower motor in place.
Step 11: You can how remove the blower motor from the vehicle.
Step 12: Move your new blower motor into place and secure it by tightening the four 8mm retaining bolts.
Step 13: Reconnect the wiring harness and reattach the rubber tube.
Step 14: Reattach the wiper and radiator reservoirs by tightening the retaining bolts.
Step 15: Reattach the lower airbox and place your air filter inside of it.
Step 16: Reattach the upper airbox cover by re-engaging the retaining clips.
Step 17: Secure the Servo motor by tightening the retaining bolts.
95 1995, 96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000 Ford Explorer Blower Motors Replacement Instructions
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Headlight Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Fog Light Replacement
- 2001-2005 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Corner Light Replacement
- 1995-2005 Ford Explorer AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Corner / Signal Light Replacement
- 1995-2001 Ford Explorer Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, Mazda Navajo Tailgate Strut Replacement
- 1991-2001 Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer Hood Support Strut Replacement
- 1991-2005 Ford Explorer, Sport Trac, Mercury Mountaineer Power Window Regulator Replacement