How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1996-1999 Cadillac DeVille Ignition Coil Replacement
Fits years: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7/32 socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
NOTE: We recommend replacing ALL of the ignition coils once one begins to fail, as they often require replacing in unison. However, only replace them ONE AT A TIME during the process. Also, we'll be disconnecting the sparkplug wires. These wires MUST attach to the same sparkplug when we reattach them!
Step 2: Locate the ignition coils on the backside of the engine.
Step 3: Disconnect the sparkplug wires (2) from the first ignition coil.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 7/32 mounting bolts (2) that secure the ignition coil to the engine.
Step 5: You can now lift and remove the ignition coil.
Step 6: Mount the new ignition coil by tightening the 7/32 mounting bolts (2).
Step 7: Reattach the sparkplug wires (2) to the SAME PLUGS AS BEFORE.
Step 8: Repeat this process for the remaining ignition coils.
96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999 Cadillac DeVille Replacement Instructions
- 1994-1999 Cadillac DeVille Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac Deville Corner Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac Deville Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1999 Cadillac Deville Radiator Cooling Fan Assembly Replacement
- 1996-1999 Cadillac DeVille AC Heater Air Temperature Control Replacement
- 1996-1999 Cadillac DeVille Ignition Coil Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1994-1999 Cadillac DeVille Side Mirror Replacement