How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1996-1999 Cadillac DeVille Ignition Coil Replacement
Fits years: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
- 7/32 socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
NOTE: We recommend replacing ALL of the ignition coils once one begins to fail, as they often require replacing in unison. However, only replace them ONE AT A TIME during the process. Also, we'll be disconnecting the sparkplug wires. These wires MUST attach to the same sparkplug when we reattach them!
Step 2: Locate the ignition coils on the backside of the engine.
Step 3: Disconnect the sparkplug wires (2) from the first ignition coil.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 7/32 mounting bolts (2) that secure the ignition coil to the engine.
Step 5: You can now lift and remove the ignition coil.
Step 6: Mount the new ignition coil by tightening the 7/32 mounting bolts (2).
Step 7: Reattach the sparkplug wires (2) to the SAME PLUGS AS BEFORE.
Step 8: Repeat this process for the remaining ignition coils.
96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999 Cadillac DeVille Replacement Instructions
- 1994-1999 Cadillac DeVille Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac Deville Corner Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac Deville Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1999 Cadillac Deville Radiator Cooling Fan Assembly Replacement
- 1996-1999 Cadillac DeVille AC Heater Air Temperature Control Replacement
- 1996-1999 Cadillac DeVille Ignition Coil Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1997-1999 Cadillac DeVille Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1994-1999 Cadillac DeVille Side Mirror Replacement