How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1996-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
Fits years: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Phillips screwdriver
- Flathead screwdriver (small and medium)
- Door Panel Clip Tool (or putty knife)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Pry and lift the power window control plate. Disconnect the wiring harnesses (4) from the UNDERSIDE of the panel.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the Phillips screw (1) inside the interior door handle.
Step 4: Pry and remove the interior door handle's bezel.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 7mm bolts (2) UNDER the interior door pull handle.
Step 6: Using the door panel clip tool (or putty knife), pry and separate the interior door panel from the door frame.
A series of retaining clips secures the door panel to the frame. By working your way between the panel and the frame, you will feel each clip. When you do, pry outward to "pop" them free.
Step 7: You can now lift and remove the interior door panel.
Step 8: To reattach the interior door panel, simply feed the wiring harnesses through the openings, and slide the panel onto the door.
Step 9: With a FIRM, but not too firm, strike near each retaining clip, you can "pop" them all back into place.
Step 10: Reconnect all wiring harnesses, snap all trim panels and bezels back into place, and tighten the 7mm bolts (2) and Phillips screw (1).
96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 GMC Sonoma Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 GMC Sonoma Power Window, Door Lock Switch Replacement
- 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement