How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Regal, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Lumina Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
Fits years: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- 13mm socket/ratchet
- 15mm socket/ratchet
- Catch pan
Step 1: Lift the vehicle and support it using jack stands.
Step 2: Locate the petcock on the DRIVER'S side of the radiator (near the bottom). Using pliers, unscrew it to drain the radiator coolant. Be sure that you have the catch pan in place to catch all of the fluid, otherwise you're going to have a mess!
On most vehicles, this valve will be GREEN.
Step 3: Using pliers, squeeze the hose clamp that secures the LOWER radiator hose to the radiator. This hose is located on the PASSENGER'S side of the radiator. Pull the end of the radiator hose from the radiator.
Step 4: Loosen the 15mm belt tensioner bolt (1) to release the tension on the belt. Remove the belt.
Step 5: Loosen and remove the 13mm mounting bolt (1) that secures the belt tensioner to the assembly. Remove the belt tensioner.
Step 6: Using the pliers, squeeze the clamp on the other end of the LOWER radiator hose, allowing you to completely remove the lower radiator hose.
Step 7: Attach the LOWER radiator hose to the spouts at each end of the hose, and secure it by tightening the clamps.
Step 8: Reattach the belt tensioner by tightening the 13mm bolt (1).
Step 9: Route the belt around the proper pulleys, and tighten the 15mm tensioner bolt (1) to secure it.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not stretched or overly tight!
Step 10: With the hose now securely in place, close the petcock valve, and fill the radiator with coolant.
96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Fog Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Regal, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Lumina Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
- 1997-2010 Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Impala, GM 3800 3.8L Ignition Coil Replacement
- Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Impala Front Wheel Bearing Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Lower Radiator Hose Replacement