How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Lumina, Monte Carlo, Buick Regal Upper Radiator Hose Installation
Fits years: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
- 13mm socket/ratchet
NOTE: We will be working with the cooling system in this installation, so radiator fluid (which is toxic to children and pets) may leak out. You can drain the system completely if you'd feel more comfortable, but we recommend using a CLEAN oil catch pan to catch any leakage during the process. Also, if you are replacing the upper radiator hose due to damage or wear, it may be a good idea to do the lower radiator hose, as well, while we're under the hood!
Step 1: Loosen and remove the 13mm bolts (3) that hold the engine compartment brace in place.
This is the rod that spans from just above your radiator to the back corner of the engine compartment.
Step 2: Lift and remove the coolant reservoir line/cap.
Step 3: Using the pliers, squeeze the clamps (2) on each end of the radiator hose. With the clamp depressed, pull the hose from its connection point.
Step 4: Squeeze and attach the clamps to the new hose BEFORE attaching the hose.
Step 5: Attach the upper radiator hose.
Attach one end of the hose at a time. Squeeze the clamp, slide it over the nozzle, and then release the clamp.
Step 6: Re-insert the coolant reservoir line/cap.
Step 7: Reattach the engine compartment brace by tightening the 13mm bolts (3).
Step 8: Top-off the radiator with coolant.
96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Fog Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Regal, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Lumina Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
- 1997-2010 Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Impala, GM 3800 3.8L Ignition Coil Replacement
- Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Impala Front Wheel Bearing Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Lower Radiator Hose Replacement