How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1996-2007 Ford Taurus Cooling Fan Replacement
Fits years: 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm socket/ratchet
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Using the 8mm socket, disconnect the positive battery cable (red
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, disengage the fuse box cover latch and move it (intact) out of the way.
Step 3: Locate the 8mm retaining bolt that is just above your cooling fan, and remove it.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harness that powers the vehicle's cooling fan.
Step 5: Disengage the clips that hold the cooling fan to the radiator assembly.
Step 6: You can now pull the cooling fan from the vehicle.
Step 7: This process applies to both fans that are under the hood.
NOTE: If you are having trouble with one of your radiator fans, it may be a sign that the system is breaking down. It's a good idea to consider replacing both, as it'll never be easier than it is right now! After all, you already have the system disassembled.
Step 8: Insert the new cooling fans, connect them to the wiring harnesses, and move them into position.
Use the cross tabs that are located at the bottom of the fan casings as your guide. They should fit right into them securely!
Step 9: With both fans in place, tighten the 8mm retaining bolt.
Step 10: Re-attach your fuse box by snapping it back into place.
Step 11: Reconnect the battery.
96 1996, 97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005, 06 2006, 07 2007 Ford Taurus Cooling Fan Assemblies Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2007 Ford Taurus Headlight Replacement
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus Cooling Fan Replacement
- 2000-2007 Ford Taurus Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2007 Ford Taurus Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2009 Ford Taurus Cabin Air Filter
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus Third Brake Light Bulb Replacement
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable AC Heater Fan Speed Resistor Replacement
- 1996-2007 Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable Vent Air Door Actuator Replacement
- 1998-2007 Ford Taurus, Mercury Sable Air Filter Replacement