How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-1999 Subaru Outback Headlight Assembly Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999
- Phillips screwdriver
- 10mm socket/ratchet
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Loosen the Phillips screw that holds the parking light assembly in place. You can now pry the parking light from the vehicle.
Step 3: Disconnect the parking light's wiring harness.
Step 4: Disengage the 6 clips that hold the vehicle's grille in place.
Using pliers, squeeze the retaining clips to disengage them. Four are along the top, and two are positioned lower on the component.
Step 5: Remove the grille.
Step 6: Disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the headlight assembly.
Step 7: Loosen the four 10mm retaining bolts that hold the headlight in place.
Two are located on top of the assembly, one near the grille area, and the final one is exposed by removing the parking light.
Step 8: You can now remove the headlight assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, you can easily transfer the sockets/bulbs from the old assembly to the new one. This process takes just a few moments!
Step 9: Mount the new headlight by tightening the 10mm mounting bolts.
Step 10: Connect the wiring harness to the headlight assembly.
Step 11: Reattach the grille by snapping the retaining clips back into place.
Step 12: Reconnect the parking light's wiring harness and mount it by tightening the Phillips screw.
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999 Subaru Outback Headlights Replacement Instructions
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Fog Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Subaru Outback Corner Light Replacement
- 1997-1999 Subaru Outback Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Alternator, Fan Belt Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Rear Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement
- 2000-2004 Subaru Outback Rear Door Handle (Interior) Replacement