How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-2002 Ford Expedition Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- 7mm socket/ratchet (or T20 Torx Driver)
Step 1: Open the vehicle's tailgate.
Step 2: Remove the two 7mm bolts located just above the tail light assembly.
Step 3: You can now remove the tail light assembly from the vehicle.
To remove the tail light, pull outward, in a diagonal line.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harnesses from the back of the tail light assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light assembly from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not include new bulbs, simply turn the sockets counter-clockwise, remove them, and attach them to the new assembly. This only takes a few moments!
Step 5: Connect the wiring harnesses to the new tail light assembly.
Step 6: Mount the new tail light by using the guiding pins to ensure proper placement and tightening the 7mm bolts.
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Ford Expedition Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2002 Ford Expedition Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-2002 Ford Expedition Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1997-2002 Ford Expedition Parking / Signal Light Replacement
- 1997-2002 Ford Expedition Side Mirror Replacement
- 1997-2002 Ford Expedition Tailgate Support Strut Replacement
- 1997-2002 Ford Expedition Alternator Replacement
- 1997-2003 Ford Expedition, F-150 Power Mirror Switch Replacement