How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Side Mirror Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Disconnect the negative battery cable to ensure that your battery doesn't "die" during installation!
Step 3: Using the flathead screwdriver, pry the window control switch-plate from the interior door panel. Disconnect the wiring harness.
Step 4: Remove the trim panel surrounding the interior door handle. Disconnect the wiring harness.
Step 5: Remove the small triangular panel that covers the side mirror's mounting area.
Step 6: Loosen and remove the 7mm bolts that are behind the interior door handle's trim panel. Remove the bolts behind the interior door pull, as well.
Step 7: By pulling the outer edge of the interior door panel, you can disengage the retaining clips and remove it.
Step 8: Peel back the plastic water shield to expose the side mirror's wiring connection. Disconnect this wiring harness.
Step 9: Loosen and remove the three 10mm mounting bolts that hold the mirror the vehicle's door.
NOTE: Be sure to hold onto the mirror while removing these bolts, as you don't want to sweep up broken glass from your garage floor or driveway!
Step 10: You can now remove the side mirror.
Step 11: Feed the wiring through the opening in the door frame.
Step 12: Mount the side mirror by tightening the three 10mm mounting bolts.
Step 13: Connect the side mirror's wiring harness.
Step 14: Reattach the plastic water shield.
Step 15: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to tighten all of the 7mm retaining bolts, reconnect all of the wiring harnesses, and properly replace all of the trim panels. The trims panels should just "snap" into place.
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003 Chevrolet Malibu Mirror Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Headlight Replacement
- 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu Side Mirror Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Side Mirror Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Front Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Blower Motor Speed Resistor Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement