How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Remove the small thumb-screw that holds the trunk liner over the tail light's mounting area.
Step 3: Pull the trunk liner back to expose the tail light mount.
Step 4: Remove the 3 thumb-screws that secure the tail light to the vehicle.
Step 5: You can now remove the tail light.
Step 6: Disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the tail light assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply remove the bulb connecting plate and attach it to the new assembly. This only takes a few moments!
Step 7: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light.
Step 8: Mount the new tail light by using the studs as guides. Secure the assembly by tightening the 3 hand-screws.
Step 9: Cover the area with the trunk liner and secure it by tightening the hand-screw.
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003 Chevrolet Malibu Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Headlight Replacement
- 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu Side Mirror Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Chevrolet Malibu Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Side Mirror Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Front Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Blower Motor Speed Resistor Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1997-2003 Chevrolet Malibu Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement