How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-2003 Ford F-150, Expedition Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm wrench
- ½ inch Drive ratchet handle
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Using the 8mm wrench, disconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
Step 3: Using the ½ inch drive ratchet, turn the belt tensioner CLOCKWISE (from your position) to release the tension on the belt. You can now remove the belt from the pulleys.
Step 4: Using the belt routing diagram posted near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual, route the new serpentine belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, use the ½ inch drive ratchet to turn the belt tensioner COUNTER CLOCKWISE, securing the belt's position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched!
Step 6: Reconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003 Replacement Instructions
- 1999-2005 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Corner / Turn Signal Light Replacement
- 2001-2004 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Fog Light Replacement
- 1999-2007 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1999-2004 Ford F-Series Pickup Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2005 Ford F-Series Super Duty Pickup Headlight Replacement
- 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1987-1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 Tailgate Handle Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150 Front Parking Light Replacement
- 1992-1996 Ford F-150, F-250 Engine Serpentine Belt Replacement