How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Needle nose Pliers
- Phillips-head screwdriver
- 10mm socket/wrench OR an adjustable wrench
Step 1: Using the screwdriver, loosen, but DON'T REMOVE, the screw found just below the retaining bolts.
Step 2: Using the 10mm socket, remove the 2 mount/retaining bolts
Step 3: You can now remove the headlight assembly by pulling the outward facing side out and depressing the tab that holds the interior-side in place.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harness.
Step 5: Compare the "adjustment" post of the new light with that of the old light. This will ensure proper alignment.
NOTE: The following steps involve removing the bulbs/wiring harness from the assembly. If your replacement assembly includes all relevant parts, these following steps are not necessary. MOST REPLACEMENT PARTS FROM GO-PART.COM COME FULLY INTACT!
Step 6: Using the Phillips-head screwdriver, remove the screw, exposing the harness that attaches to the parking light.
Step 7: Disconnect the parking light harness.
Step 8: Using the needle nose pliers, squeeze the clip, unplugging the light.
Once you have unplugged the light, you can now remove the wiring harness and attach it to the new headlight assembly.
Step 9: Reconnect all of the wiring connections to the back of the headlight assembly.
Step 10: Feed all of the lights into their respective openings in the back of the headlight assembly. Turning them will lock them into place.
Step 11: Replace the retaining screw to complete the reconstruction of the lighting assembly.
NOTE: Step 11 concludes the "wiring transfer" steps that may not have been necessary if you had a complete replacement assembly. You may pick back up here if you ordered your complete part from GoPart.com.
Step 12: Reconnect the electrical wiring harness to the headlight assembly.
Step 13: Push the assembly into place.
Be sure that you insert the "tab" side first, as it helps to align the new assembly.
Step 14: Using the 10mm socket, replace all of the retaining bolts.
Step 15: Tighten the upper screw using the Phillips head screwdriver.
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Fog Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Regal, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Lumina Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
- 1997-2010 Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Impala, GM 3800 3.8L Ignition Coil Replacement
- Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Impala Front Wheel Bearing Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Lower Radiator Hose Replacement