How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Pull back the trunk liner to expose the tail light's mounting area.
If you have a trunk net, be sure to remove it, as well.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the 3 thumb-screws that secure the tail light to the vehicle.
Step 4: You can now remove the tail light.
Step 5: Disconnect the wiring harness from the vehicle.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, you simply twist the sockets, remove them from the old assembly, and attach them to the new one. This process takes just a few moments!
Step 6: Connect the tail light's wiring harness.
Step 7: Mount the tail light by tightening the 3 hand-screws.
Step 8: Cover the area with the trunk liner and re-attach the cargo net, if necessary.
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Pontiac Grand Prix Fog Light Replacement
- 2004-2008 Pontiac Grand Prix Headlight Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix, Buick Regal, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Lumina Lower Radiator Hose Replacement
- 1997-2010 Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Monte Carlo, Impala, GM 3800 3.8L Ignition Coil Replacement
- Pontiac Grand Prix, Chevrolet Impala Front Wheel Bearing Replacement
- 1996-2005 Pontiac Grand Prix Lower Radiator Hose Replacement