How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-2004 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Ignition Coil Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7/32 socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
NOTE: The coils are located on the BACK of the engine, near the firewall. They are accessible from the TOP. We recommend disconnecting the cables ONLY for the ignition coil you are replacing. Replace the coils ONE AT A TIME.
Step 3: Disconnect the sparkplug cables (2) that run from the ignition coil.
There is one on the LEFT and one on the RIGHT as they mount to the coil. Be sure that you direct the disconnected wire in the relevant direction to ensure that they connect to the SAME side they were connected to previously!
Step 4: Loosen the 7/32 mounting bolts (2) that secure the ignition coil to the engine.
Step 5: You can now lift and remove the ignition coil from the vehicle.
Step 6: Mount the new ignition coil to the vehicle by tightening the 7/32 mounting bolts (2).
Step 7: Reconnect the sparkplug wires (2) to the ignition coil.
Step 8: Repeat this process for the remaining ignition coils.
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Chevrolet Venture Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Side Mirror Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Corner Light Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Exterior Door Handle Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1996-2004 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Front Windshield Washer Pump Replacement
- 1996-2004 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Rear Washer Pump Replacement
- 1997-1998 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1997-1998 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement