How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Exterior Door Handle Replacement
Fits years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 2: Pry and remove the window control switch-plate. Disconnect the wiring harnesses attached to the underside of the panel.
Step 3: Pry and remove the trim panel that is inside the interior door handle.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 10mm bolts (2) located beneath the interior door pull and inside the switch-plate area.
Step 5: You can now pry and remove the interior door panel.
A series of retaining clips line the outer edge of the panel. You will feel them "pop" as they disengage from the door frame.
Step 6: Peel back the water shield.
Step 7: Press the tab on each window lock clip (2) to disengage the window from its position. Push the window up completely (into a "closed" position) and tape it to the door frame to hold it in place.
These tabs are located near the bottom of the door panel. As you depress the tabs, slide the window guide AWAY from the hinge end of the door.
Step 8: Loosen and remove the 10mm bolts (3) that hold the exterior door handle in place.
Some vehicles have plugs covering these bolts, though they often fall off over time.
Step 9: Disconnect the exterior door handle's wiring harness.
Step 10: You can now remove the door handle assembly. Disengage the locking rod from the back of the lock mechanism.
Step 11: Using the flathead screwdriver, pry and remove the retaining clip that holds the lock to the assembly. Transfer it to the new handle.
Step 12: Insert the new exterior door handle assembly, and re-engage the locking rod to the lock mechanism.
Step 13: Mount the assembly by tightening the 10mm mounting bolts (3). Reconnect the assembly's wiring harness.
Step 14: SLOWLY lower the window and re-engage the window to the window guide. You will feel the tabs "snap" back into place.
Remember, you will have to slide the window guide TOWARD the hinge side to line it up properly.
Step 15: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to reattach the water shield, tighten the retaining bolts (2) and reconnect the wiring harnesses!
97 1997, 98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004, 05 2005 Chevrolet Venture Replacement Instructions
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Side Mirror Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Corner Light Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Tail Light Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture Exterior Door Handle Replacement
- 1997-2005 Chevrolet Venture AC Heater Blower Motor
- 1996-2004 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Front Windshield Washer Pump Replacement
- 1996-2004 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Rear Washer Pump Replacement
- 1997-1998 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1997-1998 Chevrolet Venture, Pontiac Montana Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement