How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000
- 8mm wrench
- 3/8 drive ratchet handle
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Using the 8mm wrench, disconnect the vehicles negative battery cable.
Step 3: Using the 3/8 drive ratchet handle, turn the belt tensioner COUNTER CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the belt. You can now remove the belt from the vehicle.
Step 4: Using the belt routing diagram posted near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual, route the new serpentine belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, use the 3/8 drive ratchet to turn the belt tensioner CLOCKWISE, tightening it and securing its position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched.
Step 6: Reconnect the battery's negative battery cable.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000 Chevrolet S10 Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Parking / Signal Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Rear Gate Handle
- 1992-2007 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Pickup 4.3L Air Filter Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10, Blazer Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC S15, Jimmy Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1999-2004 Chevrolet S10, GMC S15 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement