How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm wrench
- 3/8 drive ratchet handle
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Using the 8mm wrench, disconnect the vehicles negative battery cable.
Step 3: Using the 3/8 drive ratchet handle, turn the belt tensioner COUNTER CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the belt. You can now remove the belt from the vehicle.
Step 4: Using the belt routing diagram posted near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual, route the new serpentine belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, use the 3/8 drive ratchet to turn the belt tensioner CLOCKWISE, tightening it and securing its position.
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched.
Step 6: Reconnect the battery's negative battery cable.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000 Chevrolet S10 Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Parking / Signal Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Rear Gate Handle
- 1992-2007 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Pickup 4.3L Air Filter Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10, Blazer Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC S15, Jimmy Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1999-2004 Chevrolet S10, GMC S15 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement