How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000
- Flathead screwdriver (small)
- T25 Torx Driver
- 10mm wrench
- Door Panel Clip Tool (or putty knife)
Step 1: Disconnect the negative battery terminal.
Step 2: Open the vehicle's door.
Step 3: Pry and remove the small panel inside the interior door pull. This exposes a T25 Torx screw "“ loosen and remove it.
Step 4: Pry and remove the interior door handle's bezel.
Step 5: Using the door panel clip tool (or putty knife) pry the outer edge of the interior door panel away from the door frame. Once these retaining clips are disengaged, you can remove the interior door panel.
Step 6: Pry and remove the small trim panel covering the side mirror's mounting area.
Step 7: You can now lift and remove the interior door panel. Disconnect the wiring harnesses from the back of the door panel.
NOTE: If any of the retaining clips are still attached to the door frame, remove them with pliers and attach them to the interior door panel.
Step 8: Loosen and remove the T25 Torx screws (4) that hold the interior door handle to the door frame.
Step 9: Depress the tab that secures the cable to the interior door handle (on the back). Disengage the cable and remove the interior door handle.
Step 10: Connect the cable harness to the new interior door handle, and mount the assembly by tightening the T25 mounting screws (4).
Step 11: Reattach the interior door panel.
Simply reverse the removal process. Be sure to reconnect all wiring harness, tighten all retaining screws, and reattach all of the trim panels.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000 Volvo S70 Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Volvo S70 Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement