How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- T25 Torx Driver (if necessary)
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Depress the tab that is behind the headlight assembly area to disengage the parking light.
Step 3: Disconnect the wiring harness attached to the parking light assembly.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harness on the back of the headlight assembly.
Step 5: Remove the four 10mm retaining bolts that secure the headlight assembly to the vehicle.
Step 6: You can now pull the headlight assembly from the vehicle.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply remove the door that covers one bulb and turn the cover for the other. This will expose the bulb sockets, and you can easily remove them and attach them to the new assembly. This process takes just a few moments! Also, be sure to transfer the wiper's stopping arm from the old assembly to the new assembly. You will use the T25 Torx Driver for this procedure.
Step 7: Connect the wiring harness to the new headlight assembly after positioning it.
Step 8: Secure the headlight assembly by tightening the four 10mm mounting bolts.
Step 9: Reconnect the parking light assembly and secure it by re-engaging the retaining clip.
NOTE: If you want to align your headlight, which we always recommend, use a Phillips screwdriver to adjust the alignment screws.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000 Volvo S70 Headlights Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Volvo S70 Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement