How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Open the trunk liner door that covers the tail light's mounting area.
Step 3: Pull and remove the bulb panel attached to the back of the tail light assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes the bulb panel, as many of our models do. If your particular model does, disconnect the wiring harness from the existing bulb panel, as we won't need it. If not, move on with the installation.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 8mm mounting bolts (4) that hold the tail light to the vehicle.
Step 5: You can now remove the tail light.
Step 6: Mount the new tail light by tightening the 8mm mounting bolts (8).
Use the guiding tab on the tail light assembly to ensure proper positioning and installation.
Step 7: Attach the bulb panel (or connect the wiring harness).
Step 8: Cover the mounting area by reattaching the trunk liner door.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000 Volvo S70 Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2000 Volvo S70 Tail Light Replacement
- 2001-2007 Volvo S70 Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement