How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm socket with extension
Step 1: Remove the thumbscrew that keeps your trunk liner in place (on the interior of the taillight).
Step 2: With the bulb sockets now exposed, you can change the bulbs by unscrewing the socket from the back and pulling it from the casing.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it will include new bulbs. All you must do is unplug the wiring harness from the back of the bulb sockets and move onto the next step.
Step 3: Using the 8mm socket, remove the 4 nuts that hold the tail light assembly in place.
Three are located around the casing, with the fourth being in the recessed area beside it.
Step 4: Remove the tail light casing from the vehicle.
Step 5: Place the new assembly in place and replace the bolts that secure its position.
Step 6: Reconnect the wiring harnesses to power the tail light.
Step 7: Replace the thumbscrew that holds the trunk liner in place.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001 Nissan Altima Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1998-1999 Nissan Altima Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2001 Nissan Altima Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Rear Door Panel Replacement
- 1998-2006 Nissan Altima Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-1999 Nissan Altima Parking Light Replacement