How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
- 8mm socket with extension
Step 1: Remove the thumbscrew that keeps your trunk liner in place (on the interior of the taillight).
Step 2: With the bulb sockets now exposed, you can change the bulbs by unscrewing the socket from the back and pulling it from the casing.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it will include new bulbs. All you must do is unplug the wiring harness from the back of the bulb sockets and move onto the next step.
Step 3: Using the 8mm socket, remove the 4 nuts that hold the tail light assembly in place.
Three are located around the casing, with the fourth being in the recessed area beside it.
Step 4: Remove the tail light casing from the vehicle.
Step 5: Place the new assembly in place and replace the bolts that secure its position.
Step 6: Reconnect the wiring harnesses to power the tail light.
Step 7: Replace the thumbscrew that holds the trunk liner in place.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001 Nissan Altima Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 1998-1999 Nissan Altima Headlight Replacement
- 2000-2001 Nissan Altima Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Tail Light Replacement
- 2002-2006 Nissan Altima Cabin Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2001 Nissan Altima Rear Door Panel Replacement
- 1998-2006 Nissan Altima Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-1999 Nissan Altima Parking Light Replacement