How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2002 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Remove the front bumper cover.
Locate the 8mm and 10mm bolts in the tire well on each side. Remove them and disengage the clips found on the upper and lower attachment points of the bumper cover. The clips can be disengaged using a flathead screwdriver.
Step 2: Using the 10mm socket, remove the four bolts that hold the headlight assembly in place.
Two will be found on top of the assembly, and the other two will be underneath it.
Step 3: Disconnect the wiring harness on the back of the headlight assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight assembly from Go-Parts, it may include new bulbs, which can save you steps in the installation process. You DO NOT need to unscrew the sockets from the back of the assembly. Instead, simply disconnect the harnesses.
Step 4: Remove the headlight assembly and unscrew the parking light socket.
Step 5: Connect the wiring harnesses to the new headlight assembly and screw the parking light into the unit.
Step 6: Secure the assembly by tightening the four 10mm bolts into place.
Step 7: Reattach the front bumper cover by reversing the removal process.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Honda Accord Headlights Replacement Instructions
- 2003-2007 Honda Accord Side View Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2007 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1995 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Side Mirror Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Parking Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Radiator Fan
- 2005-2005 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Honda Accord Side Mirror Replacement