How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2002 Honda Accord Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- 10mm socket/ratchet
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Disconnect the coolant overflow hose from the radiator.
Step 2: Disconnect the cooling fan's wiring harness.
Step 3: Pull the wiring bundle that runs along the top of the radiator free of the small plastic clips that hold it to the radiator.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the two 10mm mounting bolts that secure the cooling fan to the radiator.
Step 5: Lift and remove the coolant overflow reservoir.
Step 6: Loosen and remove the 10mm bolts (2) that secure the radiator to the vehicle frame.
This step frees up some space for us to remove the fan assembly!
Step 7: You can now lift and remove the cooling fan assembly.
This may take a bit of maneuvering, as there isn't much space.
Step 8: Mount the new cooling fan assembly by tightening the two 10mm mounting bolts.
NOTE: Use the small tabs at the bottom of the assembly to ensure proper placement and installation.
Step 9: Tighten the radiator's 10mm mounting bolts (2).
Step 10: Secure the coolant overflow reservoir, and reattach the small hose to the radiator.
Step 11: Connect the cooling fan's wiring harness.
Step 12: Reattach the wiring bundle clips that secure the wiring to the radiator.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Honda Accord Cooling Fan Assemblies Replacement Instructions
- 2003-2007 Honda Accord Side View Mirror Replacement
- 2003-2007 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1995 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Headlight Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Side Mirror Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Parking Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Honda Accord Radiator Fan
- 2005-2005 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Honda Accord Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2002 Honda Accord Side Mirror Replacement