How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm wrench
- 3/8 ratchet handle
Step 1: Using the 8mm wrench, disconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
Step 2: Locate the belt routing diagram posted either under the hood or in the owner's manual.
Step 3: Insert the 3/8 square ratchet handle into the belt tensioner. Turn the tensioner CLOCKWISE to release the tension on the belt. Remove the serpentine belt from the vehicle, and slowly release the tensioner.
Step 4: Using the diagram we found in Step 2, route the belt around the pulleys properly.
Step 5: Once the belt is in place, use the 3/8 ratchet handle to turn the tensioner bolt (1) COUNTER CLOCKWISE to tighten the belt into place.
NOTE: The serpentine belt should be taut, but not stretched or overly tight!
Step 6: Reconnect the vehicle's negative battery cable.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Lincoln Town Car Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2002 Lincoln Town Car Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-2008 Lincoln Town Car Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Hood Support Strut Replacement