How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 8mm socket/ratchet with extension
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Remove the 8mm bolt that mounts the wiper fluid reservoir.
Step 3: Slide the wiper fluid reservoir to the side, as we'll need the room to access the blower motor.
Step 4: Disconnect the rubber tube connected to the blower motor.
Step 5: Disconnect the wiring harness attached to the blower motor.
Step 6: Locate and remove the three 8mm retaining bolts that hold the blower motor in place.
NOTE: You may need to loosen the wheel well panel beneath it to get enough "play" to push down on the upper portion of the fender. This is sometimes necessary to reach the retaining bolt on the underside of the component.
Step 7: You can now pull the blower motor from the vehicle.
Step 8: Remove the blower motor's house and attach it to the new blower motor.
Step 9: Insert the blower motor into place, and secure it by tightening the 8mm retaining bolts.
If you loosened the wheel well panel, be sure to secure it, as well.
Step 10: Connect the rubber hose and wiring harness to the blower motor.
Step 11: Secure the wiper fluid reservoir in place by tightening its retaining bolt.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Lincoln Town Car Blower Motor Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2002 Lincoln Town Car Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-2008 Lincoln Town Car Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Hood Support Strut Replacement