How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
Step 1: Disconnect the electrical lead that is exposed near the headlight assembly after opening the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Disengage the three retaining tabs that hold the headlight assembly in place.
Step 3: You can now pull the headlight assembly from the vehicle.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harnesses that are attached to the back of the assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight assembly from Go-Parts, it likely has new bulbs included (as most of our models do)! If so, you can save time by moving right to the installation process. However, if it doesn't, you can easily twist the bulb sockets and remove them from the back of the assembly.
Step 5: Connect the wiring harnesses to the back of the new headlight assembly.
Step 6: Insert the new headlight into the chassis and connect the wiring lead that we disconnected in step one.
Use the alignment tabs as your guide to ensure proper installation.
Step 7: Secure the headlight's position by re-engaging the retaining clips.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Lincoln Town Car Headlight Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2002 Lincoln Town Car Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-2008 Lincoln Town Car Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Hood Support Strut Replacement