How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
- 11mm wrench
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Loosen and remove the hand-screw that holds the trunk liner in place (over the tail light mounting area).
Step 3: Remove the three 11mm mounting bolts that secure the tail light to the vehicle.
Step 4: You can now remove the tail light.
Step 5: Disconnect the wiring harness that attaches to the back of the tail light assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not include bulbs, simply turn the sockets counter-clockwise, remove them from the old tail light, and attach them to the new one. This process only takes a few moments!
Step 6: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light assembly.
Step 7: Mount the new taillight by tightening the three 11mm mounting bolts.
Use the guiding tabs on the assembly to ensure proper placement.
Step 8: Cover the mounting area with the trunk liner and secure it by tightening the hand-screw.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002 Lincoln Town Car Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Tail Light Replacement
- 2000-2002 Lincoln Town Car Radiator Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-2008 Lincoln Town Car Engine Air Filter Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car 4.6L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2002 Lincoln Town Car Hood Support Strut Replacement