How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2003 Dodge Durango, 1997-2004 Dakota Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
- 19mm socket/ratchet or lug wrench
- T47 driver/ratchet
- Large flathead screwdriver
- Large C-Clamp
- Torque Wrench
Step 1: Remove the front wheel and lift the vehicle.
Step 2: Locate the two T47 bolts on the back of the caliper and remove them.
Step 3: Using the flathead screwdriver, pry the caliper away from the rotor.
Once the caliper is free of the rotor, remove the brake pad clip by gently tapping on the bottom to free it from the caliper. Now, place the caliper up and out of the way. (You should be able to find a nice resting spot just above the wheel hub).
Step 4: Remove the old brake pads from the assembly.
Step 5: Remove the rotor by sliding it straight out from the hub.
Step 6: Slide the new rotor onto the hub.
Step 7: Using the C-clamp, push the piston back into the caliper.
Step 8: Place the pads into the caliper.
The pad with the clamp will snap into the INNER part of the caliper.
Step 8: Slide the caliper (complete with new pads) onto the rotor.
Step 9: Replace the T47 bolts to secure the caliper in place.
Torque these bolts to 35 ft. lbs.
Step 10: Replace the wheel.
NOTE: Always be sure to pump your brake pedal several times! Be sure that you have tight brakes before taking the vehicle out onto the road.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003 Dodge Durango Replacement Instructions
- 2004-2009 Dodge Durango Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2009 Dodge Durango Side Mirror Replacement
- 2004-2009 Dodge Durango AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2006 Dodge Durango Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Dodge Durango Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Radiator Grille Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango, Dakota 3.9L, 5.2L, 5.9L Ignition Coil Replacement