How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Phillips screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's rear door.
Step 2: Remove the 2 Phillips screws that hold the tail light in place.
These screws are exposed by opening the rear door, and are just inside the tail light's position.
Step 3: You can now remove the tail light.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harness from the tail light assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not include new bulbs, simply turn the sockets counter-clockwise, remove them (with the wiring) from the old assembly and attach it to the new one. This only takes a few moments!
Step 5: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light assembly.
Step 6: Mount the new tail light by using the guiding pins to ensure proper placement and securing the assembly by tightening the 2 Phillips screws.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003 Dodge Durango Tail Lights Replacement Instructions
- 2004-2009 Dodge Durango Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2009 Dodge Durango Side Mirror Replacement
- 2004-2009 Dodge Durango AC Heater Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Tail Light Replacement
- 2004-2006 Dodge Durango Headlight Replacement
- 1997-2003 Dodge Durango Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Radiator Grille Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango Rear Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2003 Dodge Durango, Dakota 3.9L, 5.2L, 5.9L Ignition Coil Replacement