How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Rear Gate Handle
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- T30 Torx Driver
Step 1: Remove the tailgate handle's bezel.
Step 2: Open the vehicle's tailgate.
Step 3: Loosen and remove the T40 Torx mounting screws (3) that hold the tailgate handle to the tailgate.
Step 4: Close the tailgate.
Step 5: Disengage the locking rods from the tailgate handle.
By reaching inside the mounting area, you will have enough room to disengage the retaining clips and disconnect the rods.
Step 6: You can now pull the tailgate handle from the vehicle.
Step 7: Insert the new tailgate handle assembly, and engage the locking rods. Use the retaining clips to secure the rods to the handle.
NOTE: The lower rod comes from the right side of the truck.
Step 8: Open the vehicle's tailgate.
Step 9: Tighten the T30 Torx mounting screws (3).
Step 10: Reattach the tailgate handle's bezel.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Chevrolet S10 Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Parking / Signal Light Replacement
- 1998-2005 Chevrolet S10 Headlight Assembly Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10 Blazer Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Chevrolet S10 Pickup Rear Gate Handle
- 1992-2007 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Pickup 4.3L Air Filter Replacement
- 1995-2005 Chevrolet S10, Blazer Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC S15, Jimmy Alternator Replacement
- 1998-2000 Chevrolet S10, Blazer, GMC Jimmy Serpentine Belt Replacement
- 1999-2004 Chevrolet S10, GMC S15 Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement