How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Alternator, Power Steering Belt Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 15mm wrench
- 13mm socket/ratchet and a long extension
Step 1: Open the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Locate the belt routing diagram, which is usually located near the radiator, on the UNDERSIDE of the hood, or in the owner's manual.
Step 3: Turn the 15mm bolt (1) on the belt pulley (near the radiator) COUNTER CLOCKWISE. You need to loosen this pulley a FEW turns to release some of the tension on the belt.
NOTE: You may need to use a second wrench to add leverage, as the space is a little cramped.
Step 4: Loosen the 13mm belt tensioner bolt (1) using the ratchet with a long extension.
Step 5: Once the tension is released from the belt, you can remove it from the vehicle.
Step 6: Using the routing diagram we found in Step 2, route the belt around the proper pulleys.
Step 7: Once the belt is in place, tighten the 13mm belt tensioner bolt (1).
NOTE: The belt should be taut, but not overly tight or stretched!
Step 8: Tighten the 15mm bolt (1) to complete the tensioning of the belt.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Dodge Intrepid Alternator Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2001 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Fog Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid AC Heater Fan Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1995-1997 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side View Mirror Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement