How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- 7mm socket/ratchet (6.5 is preferable)
- 10mm socket/ratchet with extension
- 13mm socket/ratchet with extension
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Using the 7mm socket, remove the headlight assembly's two retaining bolts.
These bolts are located on the top of the headlight assembly.
Step 3: Remove the parking light bulb, disconnect the wiring harnesses from the back of the assembly, and fully remove the assembly from the vehicle.
Step 4: Repeat this headlight removal for the other side.
Step 5: Disengage the retaining pins located between the radiator cover and the bumper. You can access these from the top, when facing the vehicle.
You can use the flathead screwdriver to pull the center of the tab up, and then remove them.
Step 6: Remove the 10mm and 13mm retaining bolts that hold the metal radiator cover in place. These bolts span from one side of the vehicle to the other.
Step 7: Disengage the rivets that are underneath the radiator shield using a flathead screwdriver.
Step 8: You can now remove the radiator shield.
Disconnecting the wiring is optional, but we recommend gently resting it outside the vehicle while still attached.
Step 9: Disconnect the wiring harnesses that attach to the radiator cooling fan.
Step 10: Loosen and remove the four 10mm retaining bolts that secure the radiator fan to the radiator (2 on each side).
Step 11: Disengage the clip located on the top of the radiator fan using a flathead screwdriver.
Step 12: You can now remove the radiator fan from the radiator.
Step 13: Using pliers, remove the clip located on the bottom of the old cooling fan and attach it to the new assembly.
Step 14: Mount the new cooling fan to the radiator by engaging the retaining clip and tightening the four 10mm retaining bolts.
Step 15: Reconnect all of the wiring harnesses to ensure that the new unit is receiving power.
Step 16: Reattach the radiator cover.
Re-engage all of the retaining clips and tighten the 10mm and 13mm bolts.
Step 17: Reinstall the headlight assemblies.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Assemblies Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2001 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Fog Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid AC Heater Fan Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1995-1997 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side View Mirror Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement