How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
- Flathead screwdriver
Step 1: Open the vehicle's trunk.
Step 2: Using the flathead screwdriver, remove the pins that hold the trunk liner in place.
You only need to remove them from the area that covers the tail light's mounting point.
Step 3: Pull the trunk liner back, exposing the tail light mount.
Step 4: Loosen and remove the 3 thumb-screws that hold the tail light in place.
Step 5: You can now remove the tail light assembly.
Step 6: Disconnect the wiring harness from the back of the tail light assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement tail light from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not include new bulbs, simply twist the sockets counter-clockwise, remove the wiring assembly, and attach it to the new tail light. This only takes a few moments!
Step 7: Connect the wiring harness to the new tail light.
Step 8: Mount the tail light by tightening the 3 hand-screws.
Step 9: Cover the area with the trunk liner and secure it by replacing the mounting pins.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 Dodge Intrepid Tail Lights & Bulbs Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1998-2001 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Fog Light Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid AC Heater Fan Blower Motor Replacement
- 1998-2004 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side Marker Light Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Headlight Replacement
- 1995-1997 Dodge Intrepid Tail Light Replacement
- 1994-1997 Dodge Intrepid Side View Mirror Replacement
- 1993-1997 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Fan Replacement