How do you Change, Replace, or Install Broken 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement
Fits years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Looking for the part mentioned in this article?
Please click here to tell us what you’re looking for, we’ll contact you within the next few hours with price and availability.
Step 1: Lift the vehicle's hood.
Step 2: Lift the tabs to disengage the retaining clips. There will be 2 of them.
Step 3: You can now remove the headlight assembly.
Step 4: Disconnect the wiring harness from the headlight assembly.
NOTE: If you ordered your replacement headlight from Go-Parts, it likely includes new bulbs, as most of our models do. This saves you an installation step! However, if your particular model does not, simply transfer the bulbs and sockets to the new assembly. This process takes just a few moments! Also, you may need to transfer the mounting bracket, but this process is also simple.
Step 5: Connect the wiring harness to the back of the new headlight.
Step 6: Secure the headlight by re-engaging the 2 retaining clips.
98 1998, 99 1999, 00 2000, 01 2001, 02 2002, 03 2003, 04 2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement Instructions
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Headlight Replacement
- 1994-2004 GMC Sonoma Tail Light Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Side Mirror Replacement
- 1996-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Panel (Interior) Replacement
- 2001-2004 GMC Sonoma Power Window, Door Lock Switch Replacement
- 2003 GMC Sonoma 4.3L Serpentine Belt Tensioner Replacement
- 1999-2004 GMC Sonoma Door Handle (Interior) Replacement
- 1998-2004 GMC Sonoma Front Door Handle (Exterior) Replacement